Re: smart indentation for SQL files

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: smart indentation for SQL files
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 21:39:22 -0800

> The code is similar to cc-mode, in that it separates the "parsing" of the
> SQL code from the indentation and the indentation rules can be modified by
> the user to conform to local indentaiton guidelines or preferences.

> I think this code would be a nice addition to sql.el.

Hi Alex,

In the interests of expedience, would you mind starting out this module under
the name "sql-indent.el", and committing it to ELPA? It will not make it into
25.1 in any case, since no more features are being accepted there. But within
ELPA, users may still find it after installation.

Once your code is ready there, we can talk later about integrating it directly
into sql.el, or making it more accessible some other way (such as tarball ELPA
with a suitable autoload).