Re: Asynchronous DNS

From: Alain Schneble
Subject: Re: Asynchronous DNS
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2016 21:24:36 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Why is it invasive?  A single call to a single function at the
> beginning of each of those functions is all that's needed.  And if the
> DNS resolution is already completed, that call will be a no-op.

True.  I'm sorry, invasive maybe is the wrong term.  What I meant was
that all these functions will have to know about this new aspect that is
very specific to network processes/DNS resolving.  And I had the
impression that some of them (e.g. `process-send-eof') already have to
deal with quite a lot of different aspects.  But this is just the
subjective feeling of a novice.  I should have mentioned it.  It may be
of no importance at all.

Besides that, I think what you proposed would be an elegant solution.