Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 a9c48d5: Additional fixes for file notificati

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 a9c48d5: Additional fixes for file notification
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 08:41:01 -0800

>> I would like to see prefix-less aliases for many of the functions in
>> cl-lib. Let's create a module cl-intf that requires cl-lib and provides
>> those aliases; and then allow cl-intf to be used in core, so long as we
>> ensure that cl-intf never shadows existing Emacs Lisp functions also in
>> core.

> We have that.  It's called cl.el.

That's acceptable to me, so long as its still OK to (eval-when-compile
(require 'cl)) in core modules.  I think this decision started because someone
did that and you asked them to use cl-lib.el.

I have never needed anything more than the macros in cl.el, so if that's the
proposed answer to my concern, I'm fine with that.