Re: building/using address-sanitizer-enabled emacs?

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: building/using address-sanitizer-enabled emacs?
Date: Mon, 8 May 2017 07:46:43 -0700

On 05/08/2017 07:39 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Eli Zaretskii wrote:
I'm not aware of any problems with its current state
Startup performance is the main problem that we were worried about for that
approach, and Ken's most recent message on the topic said that startup
performance remains a significant issue.
That's not a problem (as in "bug"

... which is why I wrote "problem" and not "bug". Performance problems can be significant issues.

Of course this would not be the only performance problem in master. Still, it would make Emacs performance worse and as I understand it this is the main reason this approach has not been incorporated thus far.

This limitation is exactly the reason why we will soon have to decide
whether we merge the branch and start using it, improving what can be
improved and living with that which cannot, or keep using unexec
Those are not the only two choices available to us.