Re: Please explain the FSF copyright assignment thing

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Please explain the FSF copyright assignment thing
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 23:15:29 +0300

On 7/13/17 10:12 PM, Yuri Khan wrote:
One specific case is if you yourself go evil and decide to stop
distributing your package freely and make it non-free. As a copyright
holder, you legally can do that.

If I'm the copyright owner, and I decide to release the next version as proprietary, I'm of course able to do that.

That shouldn't stop FSF from distributing the previous version of the software, though, because it's been released under a Free Software license already. So protecting against this scenario doesn't seem necessary.

Also IANAL.