Re: Emacs Hangs on Filesystem Operations on Stale NFS

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Emacs Hangs on Filesystem Operations on Stale NFS
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 08:40:45 -0700

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
I'd be much happier if we could interrupt such hangs,
e.g. by C-g, as Stefan points out (on a TTY frame, this should already
be possible in many cases, since C-g there generates SIGINT).  But I'm
not sure this would be possible in general.  Maybe Paul will have some
ideas.

I agree with you. Luckily, it appears that there's nothing Emacs can practically do to address this question for NFS mounts in general, so we needn't worry about this for Emacs in particular.