Re: A couple of questions and concerns about Emacs network security

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: A couple of questions and concerns about Emacs network security
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2018 18:44:14 -0400

I don't know what this issue concretely involves, so I don't have
an opinion about what concretely we should do.  But I'd like to suggest
a possible avenue for choosing a good response.

The idea is that we make sure users see a chance to choose between the
alternatives (convenience and safety) early enough that they won't be
unsafe.  The choice should come with an explanation of each option,
first stating what situations it is recommended for, then what it does.

--
Dr Richard Stallman