Re: Allow calling package-initialize more than once

From: Radon Rosborough
Subject: Re: Allow calling package-initialize more than once
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 09:45:33 -0600

> It might be good to still make no-op calls to package initialize
> print a message (but not a warning)?

No, I think that defeats the purpose of this change. My idea is to
make it so that people are not bothered by the package.el changes in
Emacs 27 unless they are really doing something that absolutely does
require changes to their configuration.

> Lastly, making the existing warning more explicit might be useful

True, but removing it entirely will be better, I think.