Re: scratch/list-threads 833a2d4 2/9: Make lisp/thread.el the new home f

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: scratch/list-threads 833a2d4 2/9: Make lisp/thread.el the new home for thread-related Lisp functions
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 15:41:17 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> Actually, fboundp is a much more common way to perform such tests,
> especially since it can silence some warnings at the same occasion.

If we want to discourage the use of featurep, it shall be documented.
I, for example, regard it as natural way to test compatibility.

> (featurep 'xemacs) is an important exception, tho.

This test is not relevant anymore, isn't it?

> What's wrong with (fboundp 'make-thread)?

It returns t already for Emacs 26. If we go this way, (bound-and-true-p
main-thread) would be the better choice, as proposed by Gemini.

>         Stefan

Best regards, Michael.