Re: delete-selection-mode as default

From: Elias Mårtenson
Subject: Re: delete-selection-mode as default
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 11:59:16 +0800

On Wed, 12 Sep 2018 at 21:20, Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> wrote:

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 00:34:11 +0200, hw wrote:
> Drew Adams <address@hidden> writes:

> Highlighting regions should be separated from whether they are active
> or not, and I don't want hidden regions, either.

I do.  I want point and mark, and the region between them to be regarded
as "the" region.  That's it.  I currently (almost) have that option.

Thank you for saying this. I agree with you 100%, and the overloading of the region concept into something that does multiple different things while at the same time dismantles the beautiful simplicity and power of the “one region at all times” concept is disheartening to me.

Regards,
Elias