Re: delete-selection-mode as default

From: hw
Subject: Re: delete-selection-mode as default
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2018 23:20:51 +0200

Drew Adams <address@hidden> writes:

> [...]
> I do think it would help to have a command that only
> activates the region. Making `C-x C-x' do double duty is
> truly one place where confusion can get sown. It should
> be _able_ to do double duty, for convenience. But users
> should also be able to only activate the region and only
> swap point and mark - as separate operations.

If you do that, please make it so that the mark can be made visible.

One idea what it could look like would be a box around the character
where it is, like the box you get where the point is when the frame is
not active.  I'd just use different colours.  Something to make it
visible ...

Why aren't we able to see it?