Re: Apropos 54f297904e0c: Temporarily comment out CC Mode from tests whi

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Apropos 54f297904e0c: Temporarily comment out CC Mode from tests which are incompatible with it.
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2019 14:05:52 -0500

  > That's not for you to decide whether electric-pair-mode, an optional
  > minor mode with a well-defined contract, is broken.

When you state disagreement with someone, please don't use a harsh
tone.  We are all working together here.  So let's be kind to each
other.

Whether it is broken is not a decision, but a judgment.  People can
judge whether the current behavior is useful or not.  People's
judgments on this may disagree.

Alan can't personally tell other people how to judge the question,
but it is useful for him to make the case for his viewpoint.

After people discuss that question, there will be a decision to make
-- whether to change the behavior, and if so how.  The Emacs
maintainers are ultimately in charge of that decision.

--
Dr Richard Stallman