Re: Tramp as ELPA package

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Tramp as ELPA package
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2019 14:37:03 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Stefan,

> Why can't you take that package archive's content, put it in a Git
> branch and push that to elpa.git?

I've tried it. I've created a branch 'elpa' in the Tramp repository, and
in this branch I've moved lisp/*.el to the root of the repository (via
git mv). Committed this change. Then I've changed something in tramp.el,
and tried to merge the master and elpa branches. The repository layout
(i.e., where the *.el files are located) is merged as well. Not what I want.

And as I said already, a manual merge (diffing all *.el files, and
applying the changes) is not an option for me, because I must sync three
different repositories manually then.

>         Stefan

Best regards, Michael.