Re: Adding olivetti to GNU ELPA

From: Paul W. Rankin
Subject: Re: Adding olivetti to GNU ELPA
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 19:05:09 +1000

On Tue, May 21 2019, martin rudalics wrote:
I'm still too dense.  Line 191 of what?

It's line 191 of olivetti.el. It's in GNU ELPA on branch externals/olivetti.

That's just the line with the function to reset the margins of a window if window-parameter split-window is olivetti-split-window.

I think the main thing is how and when the window margin setting and resetting occurs. This is how olivetti now adds its hooks:

   (cond ((<= emacs-major-version 24)
          (add-hook 'window-configuration-change-hook
                    #'olivetti-set-all-margins t t))
         ((<= emacs-major-version 26)
          (add-hook 'window-configuration-change-hook
                    #'olivetti-set-all-margins t t)
          (add-hook 'window-size-change-functions
                    #'olivetti-set-margins t t))
         ((<= 27 emacs-major-version)
          (add-hook 'window-size-change-functions
                    #'olivetti-set-margins t t)))

Which seems okay to me, but I'm a far cry from an authoritive voice.