Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Feedback on Scheduling?

From: Pete Phillips
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Feedback on Scheduling?
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 20:49:58 +0100

Tim O'Callaghan <address@hidden> wrote:

    Tim> I'm curious, if you don't mind me asking, how do you produce
    Tim> your hipster cards from org mode?

Hi Tim

I have a simple perl script which I run from a Makefile.

The perl script is at:

        http://www.philfam.co.uk/pete/GTD/org-na/org-na.pl

The Makefile I use is attached at the end. Basically I have a list of
all my 'contexts' (GTD-speak) which I use as tags in org-mode. Running :

    make home

will make the postscript files and print them.

This will therefore take:

        ** Get wood preservative for Shed :Shopping:
        ** Paint shed with preservative :DIY:

and add the first line to the 'Shopping' card and the second to my 'DIY'
card.

I keep meaning to add some options to allow printing on A4 etc, but am
pushed for time at the moment. :-(

Don't forget - you will need to adjust the location of your org-mode
file in the perl source, and the makefile needs to point to your printer
which will print the index cards.

Enjoy.

Pete