Re: [Orgmode] Bug with Unicode text on properties

From: Daniel Clemente
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Bug with Unicode text on properties
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 22:30:20 +0200

  Hi,

> There are two issues here:
>
> 1. You are also using a dash-like character, \o4255.  The Emacs
> [:alnum:] class
>     does not match this, therefore this character will continue not to be
>     recognized.  Use the underscore in property names, I am supporting
> this.

   Mmm... I used the normal underscore, _ (95, #o137, #x5f, U+005F). I
don't find \o4255.

> 2. Think twice before using non-ascii characters in property names.
>     This will make you file non-portable.  If you send it to someone
>     living in a different locale, he/she might find the file broken.

   ASCII doesn't work with my language (ex: Spanish); therefore I don't use it.
   But what I used is Unicode, and I wouldn't call it „non-portable"
nowadays (it works everywhere on the Internet and operating systems).
Even if „there can be programs which don't support Unicode", that's
not a reason to not using Unicode; what we must do --in my opinion--
is fix the programs.

   Greetings,
Daniel