Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode versus Taskpaper - now for real

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode versus Taskpaper - now for real
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 21:11:33 +0200

On Apr 1, 2008, at 5:52 PM, Eddward DeVilla wrote:

To be honest, if I were looking for an outliner today as I was when I
found org-mode, I might have been scared off.  Org-mode has gotten
very big.

Sometimes I am wondering:  what do you mean when it has gotten big?
How do you measure it?

One way would be the size of the manual. Your first email to emacs- orgmode seems to have been some time october 2006 if my records are correct. The manual was 100 ages long then, now it is 134, a 30% increase. Is that much?

If I try to figure out what features I have been adding - it seems to me
that most of it still is perfecting what is already there. The last really big new feature added was Properties and column view in 5.01 in July 2007,
3 quarters of a year ago.

So while I am producing lots of releases with all kinds of small additions,
the basic concepts are not nearly growing as fast.

- Carsten