Re: [Orgmode] org-iswitchb documentation

From: Stephen Eglen
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-iswitchb documentation
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 14:00:52 +0100

Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Stephen,
>
> I think this is actually a bug.  Since the command is called ...-
> iswitchb,
> I am sure the intention was to use iswitchbe.  Later, when we added ido
> support as well, the function was rewritten using
> org-icompleting-read, and in this way the iswitchb support was lost.

p.s. one day I might imagine that iswitchb.el might disappear and be
replaced by ido.el, which might make life easier, assuming that iswitchb
hasn't diverged too much since Kim first made ido.el.

What do you think Kim - should we just have ido.el in the emacs sources,
and have iswitchb-mode configure ido.el to just do buffer searching?

(Sorry Kim, this is a thread on emacs-orgmode,
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/26723)

best wishes, Stephen