[Orgmode] Re: [ANN] Org-babel integrated into Org-mode

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [ANN] Org-babel integrated into Org-mode
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 09:25:09 -0400

Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:

> I updated my org-mode directory with the following script:
> address@hidden:~/.emacs.d$ cat update_org-mode-git
> #!/bin/sh
> cd ./org-mode-git
> cd org-mode
> # git clone git://repo.or.cz/org-mode.git
> git pull
> git gc
> make clean
> make
> make doc
> after adding
> make info
> to the script, it is working now nicely.
> Is there any other make I should do?
> Thanks a lot,

Hi Rainer,

Short version: I don't think so.

Longer version:

I only do

    make doc/org.info

occasionally.  I don't bother with any other make targets -- I run
org-mode directly from the sources.

I used to compile all of the files but found it more tedious to do
updates (I update almost every day) and I didn't notice any speed
difference in my use of emacs and org-mode between the compiled and
uncompiled versions.  I normally leave my emacs session running for