[Orgmode] Babel+gnuplot on Worg

From: John Hendy
Subject: [Orgmode] Babel+gnuplot on Worg
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 10:49:32 -0500

Hi all,

This is a continuation from "Gnuplot unevenly spaced non-numeric data plot" (http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg28995.html) and a response to Nick Dokos' suggestion that I post whatever solution I found for the list. My decision to do that resulted in some discussion about putting up a more formal page on Worg for gnuplot's babel language page.

In any case, Eric Schulte was kind enough to walk me through Worg setup and create a blank page. I made good progress last night and it's now up and populated:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-gnuplot.php

In looking at some of the great examples already posted I decided to start with a more basic introduction to setting up gnuplot, some common header arguments and a quick primer on the basics of gnuplot. Tonight or this weekend I'll add in the more advanced examples that resulted from my experimentation a few weeks ago as well as some other tips and tricks that have come from the mailing list.

Feel free to let me know your thoughts and/or suggestions. I'm sure I'll end up tweaking things many more times (I already saw some goof-ups :) ).

Best regards,
John