[Orgmode] Re: org-babel - utility to ease chopping src chunks into small

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: org-babel - utility to ease chopping src chunks into smaller org entries
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 23:24:37 +0200

Hi Richard,

Richard Riley wrote:
> I often find myself chopping a large source code block into smaller
> entities with their own notes, tags and comments etc. This small utility
> facilitates that by wrapping the current region with org entry markers
> and src code delimiters. It assumes you are in a currently src block.
> http://splash-of-open-sauce.blogspot.com/2010/09/mark-region-as-src-code-if-prefix-used.html

That seems very interesting... and promising. It's the sort of thing I often
need to do as well, though maybe with slight differences from your code.

> Its currently hardcoded for emacs-lisp but it might be useful nonetheless.

Just a question (that could, maybe, make this limitation disappear): did you
try using Yasnippet (with its =yas/selected-text= possibilities) for this job?

Best regards,

Sébastien Vauban