[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Orgmode] [bug] two bugs: one with comments and with exporting inlin

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [bug] two bugs: one with comments and with exporting inline tasks
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 23:11:21 +0000
User-agent: Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/23.2 (gnu/linux)

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:
>> Hello,
>>>>>>> Eric S Fraga writes:
>>> I believe both of these problems are related to the new list
>>> handling as I used to be able to export inline tasks perfectly fine
>>> in September.
>> Well, this is strange. I tried to get back to 7.01h, 7.01 and 6.36c
>> and I obtain this same behavior.
>> What kind of export did you use to obtain?
>> Regards,
>> -- Nicolas
> Well, now that you ask, I'm not sure what I used to obtain!  <blush>  I
> don't have any PDFs from when I was preparing my big proposal in August
> and September other than the final version (which obviously didn't have
> any inline tasks in it...).  So maybe I've been very unfair to you and
> the problem has always existed.  Sorry!
> It's still the case that there are two problems.  For the first, there's
> obviously some leakage from the HTML export into the LaTeX export in
> that the list entry (which comes from the inline heading) is given an
> argument that seems to be HTML/CSS code...  For the second problem,
> maybe I've misunderstood the export of a sub-tree -- I've initiated the
> export outside the inline heading so the export should include
> everything below the heading above?
> I'll play around some more tonight if I get a chance to see if I can
> narrow down the reasons for the failure.

I have done so and there's some interesting behaviour.  Here is a
summary of 4 different results exporting essentially the same content
for the attached org file:

1. export the whole file (C-cC-ed) produces a document with all the
   content but with the inline task defining a latex =\item= with a
   strange label (as indicated in my earlier message).

2. go to the headline and select the sub-tree (C-c@) and then export
   (C-cC-ed) generates a PDF with only the text up to the start (but not
   including) of the inline task.

3. place the cursor on *point 1* and export the sub-tree (C-cC-e1d)
   generates the same output as the previous point.

4. finally, place the cursor on *point 2* and export the sub-tree
   (C-cC-e1d) exports only the text *after* the inline task.

Basically, for the last three cases, the exporter has a problem figuring
out what sub-tree actually is.  I don't think the problems have anything
to do with the new list handling (apologies again!).

I hope this helps somebody figure out what is going on.


Attachment: examplebug.org
Description: short example org file demonstrating bug

: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 23.2.1
: using Org-mode version 7.02trans (release_7.3.6.gf0d2)

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]