Re: [O] Best practices? Multiple .org files?

From: Joseph Kern
Subject: Re: [O] Best practices? Multiple .org files?
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 08:37:54 -0400

Is there a way to display the contents of the file in-line?

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 6:35 AM, Christian Moe <address@hidden> wrote:
On 9/1/11 7:35 PM, Brian Wood wrote:
(...) I'm thinking that I should break up

this file into multiple .org files in a directory. If I do that:

1. I would like to still see the same top-level tree that I see now
when I shift-Tab e.g:

* Admin
* Drupal
* MacOS
* Linux
* Time Reports

So if I create drupal.org that contains the contents of "* Drupal",
and I remove "* Drupal" from work.org, is there a way to still see my
top level tree including "Drupal"?

I keep some top-level headings in my central `my.org' file after I've hived off the contents to other org files, just to have a convenient link to the file and save myself having to remember how I named it.

So I'd do something like:

* Admin
* [[file:./drupal.org][Drupal]]
* MacOS
* Linux
* Time Reports

Don't forget to add the new files to your agenda files, the agenda view being the chief way of pulling together all your tasks.