Re: [O] org-odt: specifying fonts

From: Christian Moe
Subject: Re: [O] org-odt: specifying fonts
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 22:04:07 +0200

Hi, Mehul, cc: Jambunathan,

I agree with Mehul it would be great to have an option to specify a styles file on a per-file basis. Something like:

  #+ODT_STYLE: ~/org/odt-templates/cv.odt

Jambunathan, please consider this a feature request (if you haven't implemented it already, and I've missed it as usual...)

Many users will want to use different styles files for different kinds of document (e.g. report.odt, cv.odt). Customizing org-export-odt-styles-file every time they've got a different kind of document to export does not seem the best way. There should be a way for each Org file to remember what ODT style it wants, parallel to the options that exist for html (#+STYLE) and latex (#+LATEX_HEADER).

As for specifying fonts, etc., in ODT export, that's definitely something that should be done through the choice of an external style template. The org-odt exporter has done its job if everything you could reasonably want to style is exported in a named paragraph or character style that you can apply a template to.

Yours,
Christian

PS. Mehul, I do have a stopgap solution for specifying the style template on a per-file basis. Place this somewhere in your Org document (e.g. before the first heading), and replace "/path/to/template.odt" with the path to your styles file.

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :results silent :exports results
(setq org-export-odt-styles-file "/path/to/template.odt")
#+end_src