Re: [O] org-odt: specifying fonts

From: Mehul Sanghvi
Subject: Re: [O] org-odt: specifying fonts
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 11:16:19 -0400

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 10:35, Matt Price <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 5:15 PM, Mehul Sanghvi <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>>
>> Christian,
>>
>>      Thanks for the stopgap measure.  As for fonts, like styles, it
>> would be easier, simpler and more elegant
>> to be able to do that without having to edit styles.odt every time.
>> This is not specific to org-odt.  It should be,
>> at least I think so for now, to do this with any exporting backend.
>>
>> If you send me a styles.odt, and I do not like the fonts you are
>> using, it becomes cumbersome to be editing the styles.odt
>> for each font and making sure to change it in all possible places
>> until I settle on a proper font I want to use.
>>
>> If I could instead specify the font in org file itself, it would be a
>> matter of changing the header and re-generating the file.
>>
>> The ODT_STYLE is certainly a good enhancement.
>>
> I think the problem here, Mehul, is that odt export works with styles, not
> fonts.  So to do what you want, the exporter would need to be able to tweak
> the styles manually(so, I guess, first run some kind of xml transform on the
> stylesheet, then apply the stylesheet itself).  If there are hidden
> inconsistencies in the original stylesheet, you may end up with
> difficult-to-diagnose breakage. I'd definitely suggest just modifying hte
> stylesheet and saving it somewhere safe.

I will most likely end up it that way and using that as my workflow.
The font thing was
just something coming out from the fact that I do not know or
understand ODT styles.
Something new to learn now :)

Now I just got to figure out the fonts that Latex is using for my
resume and re-use those same ones
in my style and apply them correctly in the ODT styles.

--
Mehul N. Sanghvi
email: address@hidden