[O] org-export-preprocess-hook and the new exporter (was Re: Using Org f

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: [O] org-export-preprocess-hook and the new exporter (was Re: Using Org for a dissertation)
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 12:07:12 +0930

Richard Lawrence <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Suvayu,
>
> suvayu ali <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> In case you are interested, I'm attaching some relevant bits. It has
>> examples on how to put in tables (with short and long captions),
>> figures, latex snippets and finally how I included a bibliography and
>> appendices.
>>
>> Hope this will help.
>
> Thanks!  This is definitely helpful.  The ignoreheading tag is a nice
> hack -- fixes one of those niggling issues I've had with LaTeX export.
>
> Best,
> Richard

This is probably more for Nicolas... and apologies for hijacking the
thread slightly!

I was intrigued by the comment above regarding the ignoreheading
tag.  Sounded just like what I needed.  However, it doesn't do anything
with org /out-of-the-box/.  A little searching led to Suvayu's posting
in stackoverflow [1] and that does the job nicely, but only for the
standard (read: old) export engine.

The question is: is there an equivalent hook for the new exporter?

Thanks,
eric

Footnotes:
[1]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10295177/is-there-an-equivalent-of-org-modes-b-ignoreheading-for-non-beamer-documents

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.1.50.1
: using Org release_7.8.09-544-g505cc7