Re: [O] Offer for taking over maintainership

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] Offer for taking over maintainership
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 14:25:45 +0530

I wrote the exporters and contribute to Emacs just because I feel
decades (or couple of decades) down the road when Carstens, Bastiens,
Nicolas, Erics and all others fade in to irrelevance and obscurity,
Emacs and by extension Orgmode will continue to be used by some
enterprising student in one of the ghettos of a first, second, third,
fourth and fifth world countries.  There are uber-rich, uber-elite and
who will have access to it.  That's true.  When a field is irrigated it
is inevitable that weeds also get water.

Emacs users are enterprising, opinionated, articulate, eloquent.  The
ecosystem is rich and a student who enters this eco-system will end up
richer and well-rounded.

I would rather help a student who I have no possibility of seeing or
hearing from or who has no conceivable way to transfer funds to me or
even worse no funds to transfer at all.  (Is Time travel still
possible?)

I see some people from India (or Indian sub-continent, it is difficult
to say by looking at the names) every now and then in Emacs mailing
lists.  If it's true that future is manifest in an obscure form
somewhere right now, I feel what I have done is useful irrespective of
my personal style is useful.

Ever wondered why you think I never ran away but stuck around making my
threat fall by wayside.  I have some clarity in what my goals are.

I don't want to masochistic.  That which I have created is used and
useful and irrespective of what my style is.  I am not here to exchange
hugs with strangers on the internet.  I cannot be more stupid if I were
to chase after people's shifting allegiances.