Re: [O] posting guide?

From: Andreas Röhler
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 20:59:13 +0100

Am 13.03.2013 20:13, schrieb Jay Kerns:
The past few days have reminded me of something somebody famous
once said [1]. I can already see work being done to protect the
community for the future, yet I believe there is more we might do
to be even stronger.

I understand and appreciate Bastien's stated position regarding
moderator controls [2], and in that particular case I think he
did the right thing. At the same time, I do not possess his
seemingly superhuman level of patience, temperance, and couth.

Yes, I can add people to my SPAM filter (which I did, BTW), but
that action protects only *me*.  It does not protect the
community. Further, my later blissful ignorance means I am
unavailable to respond to future threats, so malicious
individuals are left to run rampant and destroy everybody else
still hanging around.  Of course, if *everybody* agrees to divert
to SPAM then we're all set.

That's my point: I propose that we, as a community, come to some
sort of consensus as to what un/acceptable behavior is and an
accepted mechanism of response.  One way to accomplish this is
with a posting guide. I have some thoughts about this:

[ ... ]

Hi Jay,

if you permit my opinion as a kind of guest-reader for years: don't think it's
needed.
IMO it was an accident. Hopefully the person will recover and present it's
 excuses some weeks or month later.

Expect org-mode users being decent people by virtue of these fine thing
themselves.
Really don't assume that might happen next years again.

Best,

Andreas