Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-reports!

From: Jody Klymak
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-reports!
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 09:20:58 -0700

Hi Sacha,

Sacha Chua <address@hidden> writes:

> {{Tasks:1}} {{Tasks:2}} sub
>
> might be easier to parse or something like that.

This gets back to the task database idea that John mentioned and I've
suggested a few times.  Just like diary is a database that planner
displays, it'd be nice if tasks were a database that planner
displayed.  I wouldn't just have the metadata in the file.

I could imagine a readable format like:

#A0 Task description {Task:10} (PlanPage) (2004.04.10) (2004.04.12)
 {Parent:6} {Dependent:9}

Or:
<#Priority>  task-string  {Task:id} (optional: Planner-page) (Start-to-show
date) (optional: must complete by date) {Parent: optional: parent task}
{Dependent: optional: dependent task}

Task-string is entered by the user.  task id  is as done now.
Planner page is a page that this task is associated with.
Start-to-show is the date the task has been assigned to.

Must complete is an optional drop-dead date.  This could be hooked
into something that automatically increases the priority of the
task.

Parent is for subtasking.

Dependent is for tasks that are not shown until the Dependent task is
completed.

Synching between the planner pages and the database is the issue.
but that is already mostly taken care of with planner-id.  It now
needs to edit three files if a task is manipulated.

Just some ideas....

Cheers,  Jody

--
Jody Klymak      http://opg1.ucsd.edu/~jklymak/