[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: carry-tasks-forward

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: carry-tasks-forward
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 13:32:09 +0800

Jody Klymak <address@hidden> writes:

> Maybe instead of just being nil or t, planner-carry-tasks-forward
> could be an integer, with the integer saying how many days to look
> back?  I always run M-x plan rather then having (plan 5) in my .emacs,
> so maybe it would be nice to have the argument be a variable.

Hmmm.

You only need to scan past days for previous tasks once per day. More
than that, and you're scanning old files without carrying over new
tasks. That's why you should invoke (plan N) from your .emacs and then
just use M-x plan (actually, I use planner-goto-today). However, if
people think this is a good feature, then we'll need to treat
planner-carry-tasks-forward a bit specially:

t means check the previous day only by default (old behavior)
<= 0 means check all days (equivalent to (plan t))
> 0 means check that number of days in the past (equivalent to (plan N))

(plan) with no arguments will use these defaults.
(plan -1) will check all days.
(plan t) will check all days.
(plan 1) will check only the previous day.
(plan N) will check only the last N days.

Does this make sense?

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun