[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: sync planner files

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: sync planner files
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 10:50:41 +0800

Hans Halvorson <address@hidden> writes:

> Does planner-mode include a function for merging files? e.g.,
> suppose that I have two versions of a day file (2004.04.25) on
> different computers -- some of the tasks and schedule items might
> overlap, but some might not. Is there a way to take the "union" of
> the two (without duplication of identical tasks)? If there is
> currently no such function, might one be included in future versions
> of planner? [It seems that it would be a very useful function for
> people using planner on two computers, or perhaps on a computer and

Not currently, although planner-remove-duplicates in
planner-experimental.el might be of some use. You might want to
explore more general synchronization tools like unison, as that solves
the larger problem. If you get that up and running, correct planner
synchronization should follow.

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun