Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-insert-task-at-point?

From: Yvonne Thomson
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-insert-task-at-point?
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:51:27 +1000

At Mon, 23 Aug 2004 11:42:04 -0400,
Paul Lussier wrote:

> >Planner-create-task and planner-create-task-from-buffer for
> >that matter, does all that stuff using
> >planner-create-task-from-info. It's the function that decides where
> >the task gets put, and by default it just jumps to the * Tasks section
> >decides whether to put the task at the beginning or the end of that
> >section and inserts it.
>
> By deault it does this.  But couldn't there be a
> 'planner-create-task-at-point'
> flag which it 'planner-create-task-from-info' obeyed?  This seems, on
> the surface, to make sense, since it already obeys the
> 'planner-create-task-at-end' flag.

Hmm, I'd say so. That'd be a query for Sacha when she's got time for it
though, I think. So essentially, what this would do is, check whether you
were trying to create a task from a plan or day page, check the
planner-create-task-at-point variable, if it's true, just create the
task wherever point is. Hmm. Sounds reasonable to me.

> Yep, that last suggestion sounds almost perfect.  Now, I just need a
> way of tracking the date the item was created/completed without
> linking it into the tasks of the daily pages.  But I'll try this out
> and see how it works.

Er, why *wouldn't* you want the task on the day page?