[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Emacs-wiki version 2.62 released

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Emacs-wiki version 2.62 released
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 14:42:59 +0100

Mark Triggs <address@hidden> writes:

> Michael Olson <address@hidden> writes:
>
> [...]
>
>> Do a C-u M-C-x on each one and then M-x cons-test-case-n (for n in
>> {1-3}), and step through the functions.  For me, cases 1 and 2 fail
>> with a "Wrong type argument: listp, name-of-string".  Case 3 still
>> works fine though.
>
> For what it's worth, they all worked for me (I'm using a CVS Emacs from
> October the 18th).  It'd be very strange for cons to behave like
> this--you haven't got something that's redefined cons behind your back,
> or anything strange like that?  :o)

FWIW, they also work here, with a CVS emacs from October 25th. I agree with
Mark in that changing cons behaviour like that would be veeeery
strange, and would break lots of existing code.

Cheers,
jao
--
I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have
been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself now and