[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: [BUG?] muse-publish handling abnormal exit duri

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: [BUG?] muse-publish handling abnormal exit during call to publish
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:54:13 -0500

"Peter K.Lee" <address@hidden> writes:

> I was tracing instances of abnormal exit during publishing, i.e. if
> you include something like <lisp>will-make-error</lisp> inside your
> planner file and you publish the file C-c C-p
> (muse-project-publish), and I found that emacs wants to ask if you
> want to close the buffer *temp* or *temp*<x> before it prints out
> what caused an error:
>
> let: Symbol's value as variable is void: will-make-error

I've tried to correct this in
address@hidden/muse--main--1.0--patch-137 by wrapping
evaluation of lisp tags in condition-case, much like emacs-wiki does.

> If you say no (thinking you want to preserve the temporary buffer),
> the next time you publish once again, this time, you get a prompt
> asking if you want to save the FILE that contains the
> <lisp>...</lisp> snippet.  (this happens even if you save right
> before calling muse-project-publish)

I really detest that behavior.  In the most recent patch, I've worked
around it by making a new macro called
`muse-with-temp-buffer-no-prompt' that should *never* prompt for
saving when its buffer is killed.  Emacs should implement this
behavior by default, IMNSHO.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: anime, Debian, XHTML, wiki, Emacs Lisp