[emacs-wiki-discuss] Newbie to planner.el and GTD

From: Matiyam
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Newbie to planner.el and GTD
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 17:20:58 +0200

Hi!

I am new to GTD (just finished the first reading of the book, i think i need another round) and to planner.el .

I was wondering how does people manage to implement their GTD systems with planner.el . I have read about people using it, and asking for detailed features for planner, but i haven't understood yet the general way of how they use it.

I read here ( http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-wiki-discuss/2005-07/msg00385.html ) that Chris Parsons was thinking about writing a "How I do GTD in planner". Do you have a draft of that? Could you just post your configuration, and we'll manage to figure out how it works?

I also have a couple of particular questions:

** Do you have plan pages that act as contexts (PlanAtHome, PlantAtWork...) and use planner-multi to put tasks in the project page and in the context page?

** How do you get an overall view of which projects have remaining tasks?

** Is there a way to move "old" projects to and "old" area?

If you check Sacha's WikiIndex page ( http://sacha.free.net.ph/notebook/wiki/WikiIndex.php ) you can see the myriad of projects she's been to :)
I guess it would be nice to be able to "store a project in the attic".

Thanks a lot for your attention and for this great piece of software.

-- M