[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: some planner-appt questions

From: Jim Ottaway
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: some planner-appt questions
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 10:17:21 +0000

> Jim Ottaway <address@hidden> writes:
> Oki, that did the trick! Thanks!

> Its odd though, because reminders were working with diary. Maybe not
> recently though...

> My other comments were more about if it was possible to use planner-apt
> the way one uses planner-diary.

> With diary, appointments mark the day they exist in, in calendar.
> Also, you can add appointments from calendar.

planner-appt-calendar-insinuate will add marks to the calendar.  It is
not at all discriminating, however: it just adds marks for days that
have existing day pages.  I did write something once that used
different marks for different things [appointments, tasks,
anniversaries, etc.], but it has gathered a lot of dust since moving
from emacs-wiki to muse.  When I have the time, I will give it a
spring clean.

For adding appointments: if you do planner-calendar-insinuate, then
moving point to a date displays the corresponding day page, so it is
easy to add an appointment this way.  Cyclic tasks are easily addable
if you use the same file for planner-cyclic-diary-file that you use
for the diary.

Regards,

--
Jim Ottaway