Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Trouble with cyclic diary and planner-appt-fort

From: Seth Falcon
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Trouble with cyclic diary and planner-appt-forthcoming
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 14:40:59 -0700

Jim Ottaway <address@hidden> writes:
>> Why are some things showing up past 7 days?  Any ideas?
>
> Yes, I see that, at least for appt tasks [i.e., not cyclical tasks].
> There must be an off-by-one error in either the code to get
> forthcoming cyclic appts or the code that gets task appts, so the
> behaviour of the one differs from that of the other.
>
> What about the task entered in the diary, though? was that a cyclical
> task?

One appointment was defined in my cyclic diary file (and that is the
only diary-like file that I am using AFAIK) as a diary-block.  The
other was a scheduled task.

It is possible that I visited that day page and caused the task to be
written from the diary to the day page.  IOW, it could still be
consistent with a difference of opinion in how cyclic appts (via diary
file) and those that start life as a task are processed.

--
 + seth