[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Enigma-devel] Port of r99 to Lua 5.1

From: Tacvek
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Port of r99 to Lua 5.1
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 13:06:20 -0500

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ronald Lamprecht" <address@hidden>
To: "Tacvek" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, March 26, 2006 7:23 AM
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Port of r99 to Lua 5.1


Tacvek schrieb:
Accidentically atahced the wrong file.
Had intended to attach the patch.
Hopefully this message has the correct file.

Sorry, the patch is still incomplete.

For generating a subversion diff patch you first have to "svn add" all new files and "svn delete" all files that shoud be removed prior to make the diff patch via "svn diff".

Your patch did include all files from Lua 5.1 and tolua++ that changed from Lua 4 and tolua, but misses all new files from Lua 5.1 and tolua++ and may miss deletion information.

Be aware that a complete patch may be too large for the mailing list. If you did not modify any of the original Lua 5.1 and tolua++ files a short notice would suffice me.

Yeah, you are correct. I was quite surpirsed at how small the pacth was, as
the last time I worked on doing this, the patch was too large for the list,
and had to be approved by specially approved.

I did not change those files (as far as I can remember). I might have renamed one or two of them, but I doubt it. Note that it is possible that I added other new files, so if there is a problem, let me know.

Suggested action: Delete all Lua 4 files, and all tolua++ files (including those in ./tools). Then re-add files from tolua++ and lua 5.1 as requested by the Makefile.ac's.

If after doing that and applying the partial patch it does not compile without error, please let me know. If all else fails I can create a Berlios account, somebody can add me to the project, and I can upload the changes to a new svn branch.

Please let me now how progress with the patch comes. The main thing needed is updating the lua scripts. Once you get to the point where a level can load we will see if my code related to userdata magicvally works. If it does not I suspect that lua.cc will note an error, and/or a segfault.

I'm not really a Lua programmer, so I can't work on updating the Scripts, but I try to debug any userdata problems. My problem before was trying to see if there would be problems by reading the code, as I was not yet able to test that code. If push came to shove, I could recode lua.cc to never touch userdata directly, but to interact with userdata only via tolua++. Obviously tolua++ will not have any problem with compatability with itself.
In the long run, that is probably a good idea anyway.


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]