[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Enigma-devel] Port of r99 to Lua 5.1

From: Tacvek
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Port of r99 to Lua 5.1
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 18:34:37 -0500

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ronald Lamprecht" <address@hidden>
To: "Tacvek" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 5:00 PM
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Port of r99 to Lua 5.1


Well for subversion's sake I did patch all files that continue to exist and did "svn add", "svn delete" the others.

Of course. I did not mean to imply that "svn add" and "svn delete"
should not be used. Those instructions I gave was simply to end up with a tree like
the one I happen to have.

I created a feature branch at "branches/lua5" as a copy of "trunk" r104 and added Lua 5.1, tolua++ 1.0.91 with your Enigma patches to the branch (r10).

For development on this branch either checkout this branch or switch an existing working copy to this branch.

Tacvek, if you tell me your Berlios account I can add you to the project.

At this time I do not have a Berlios account. If I do create one I will let you know.

As I understood Daniel, he would prefer to skip the tolua access for world objects in the short term.

If you succeed to proof that the lua.cc interface functions can be substituted by tolua++ ones you may convince him for a long run switch.

I have no real opinion. I'm fairly confident that tolua++ ones will work.
However if the non-tolua++ ones work fine then there is absolutely no reason
to change except for consistancy. Since Daniel is in change it is obviously
his choice what to do. Hopefully the slightly modified lua.cc code will work. The main challenge is to update all the scripts that use %upvalues, and anyhting else that does not happen to work with lua5.

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]