enigma-devel

Re: [Enigma-devel] Lua 5.1 "luaL_error" problems on Windows

From: Tacvek
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Lua 5.1 "luaL_error" problems on Windows
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 14:53:48 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tacvek" <address@hidden>
To: "Ronald Lamprecht" <address@hidden>
Cc: "Daniel Heck" <address@hidden>; "enigma-devel" <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2006 3:17 PM

I find it interesting that this is a clean crash, with the program exiting gracefully, and therefore no
Doctor Watson reports are generated.

In an attempt to help, I've attached my build script and build log.

Here are some interesting bits from the log:

src/Makefile.am:161: localedir was already defined in condition TRUE, which includes condition MINGW32 ...
configure.ac:2: ... `localedir' previously defined here
src/Makefile.am:168: localedir was already defined in condition TRUE, which includes condition !MINGW32 ...
configure.ac:2: ... `localedir' previously defined here
OK

checking for shared library run path origin... /bin/sh: ./config.rpath: No such file or directory
done

config.status: WARNING: intl/Makefile.in seems to ignore the --datarootdir setting

config.status: WARNING: po/Makefile.in.in seems to ignore the --datarootdir setting

And finally a slightly suspicious one:
printf-args.c: In function `printf_fetchargs':
printf-args.c:83: warning: `wint_t' is promoted to `int' when passed through `...' printf-args.c:83: warning: (so you should pass `int' not `wint_t' to `va_arg')
printf-args.c:83: note: if this code is reached, the program will abort

I've always had this appear, although Daniel did not seem to be able to reproduce it.
I had assumed I have some bad header somewhere.

If this error is also showing up for other people then I would be suspicious. Aborting does indeed appear to be what is happening, and I think the error printing code
does use *printf.

Just a thought.