[ESPResSo-users] adding constant force attribute and output files

From: Mohammadreza Niknam Hamidabad
Subject: [ESPResSo-users] adding constant force attribute and output files
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2017 01:54:52 +0330

Hello,

I was checking the shape's attributes then I realized there is no attribute for adding force in shapes like the inside of the pore. I just found the ext_force command so, for example, how can I add a constant force to particles just inside of the pore? Actually, I don't want to use if statements (getting positions of particles and if there are in pore then I add a constant force to them with ext_force. I think It's gonna to slow the script so much.) Do you guys have any suggestion or maybe a shortcut here?

Also, I have a question about output files. I've have been reading the manual and I couldn't decide on which format I should use (I'm using VMD and Pymol visualization package). Besides, I have a problem with h5md. Every time I got this error:
from espressomd.io.writer import h5md
ImportError: cannot import name h5md

I know you guys are very busy so I appreciate any time you can give me.

Thank you so much.

Regards,

Niknam Hamidabad