fab-user

[Fab-user] Fabric and git clone...

From: Jerry Baker
Subject: [Fab-user] Fabric and git clone...
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 08:36:45 -0400

I tried to send this a few hours ago, but I haven't seen it on the list
yet... sorry if it shows up twice...

Anyway, I'm trying to clone a git project using fabric, but I get
permission denied.

Example output:

Fabric v. 0.1.1.
Running production...
Running install...
Logging into the following hosts as user:
    mydomain.com
Password for address@hidden:
[mydomain.com] run: git clone address@hidden:/path/to/repo
[mydomain.com] out: Initialized empty Git repository in /my/path
[mydomain.com] err: Permission denied, please try again.
[mydomain.com] err: Permission denied, please try again.
[mydomain.com] err: Permission denied
(publickey,password,keyboard-interactive).
[mydomain.com] err: fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
Error: The run operation failed on mydomain.com.

If i log in to my production server and git clone manually, I get
prompted for my password for the git host and it works fine.

Any ideas on how to resolve this ?