fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Convention for non-task functions?

From: Nick Welch
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Convention for non-task functions?
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 21:58:22 +0000

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 7:20 AM, Xinan Wu <address@hidden> wrote:
sounds like you are using fabric 0.1.1. I don't know if there's a way
around this. Fabric 0.9 addresses this problem very nicely - see
http://docs.fabfile.org/0.9/usage.html#rationale

That link doesn't seem to explain any of this. If I scroll way up, it does
mention that any callables are assumed to be tasks. Can you quote
what you're referring to?

It seems like the predictable "Pythonic" behavior would be to ignore
functions that start with an underscore. Having to stuff a couple one-line
functions into another class or module is doable, but funky.