fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] telling sudo() to error if prompted for a password

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] telling sudo() to error if prompted for a password
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 16:01:04 -0400

If I read you correctly, you're asking if Fabric will raise an error
instead of trying to give you a prompt so you can enter the password?
Can I ask why? If I were in a situation where I wanted to run
something via 'sudo' but didn't expect to actually be around after
running my Fab task, I'd either not run it via sudo or I'd put in some
conditional logic so the line with sudo() in it didn't fire :)

Certainly, right now, this isn't possible, but if there's an actual
need for it, I don't think it would be too difficult to put in
sometime. (Probably when I overhaul the prompting in general so it can
deal with non-sudo related prompts.)

Best,
Jeff