fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] On Paramiko (was: Why is the version that's available on

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] On Paramiko (was: Why is the version that's available on pypi only at 0.1.1?)
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 20:37:37 -0400

Hi again all,

(Heikki: good to know about that 'simple' PyPI URL, will have to
remember it for future reference!)

Regarding this Paramiko 1.7.5 issue, I still haven't heard anything
back from Tobey at all, and I'd like to release 0.9.0 this weekend.

Given the choice between the current mess, and packaging a
known-working copy of Paramiko inside Fabric, I'm starting to favor
the latter. The former is more "correct", but the latter is *far* more
user-friendly right now.

The only drawback I see to 'vendorizing' Paramiko (besides the "eww"
factor) is that there's a decent chance of Fab 1.0 going back to the
external dependency, which could be a little odd (but not horribly so;
plus other new dependencies may arise then as well.)

Anyone have strong opinions on this, or other thoughts to add? Even
the usual Pythonic +1/+0/-0/-1 sort of voting would be appreciated :)

Best,
Jeff