fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] sending in a list on the fab commandline

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] sending in a list on the fab commandline
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 17:16:43 -0400

Hey Simon,

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Simon Smith <address@hidden> wrote:

> Given a fabfile.py as below, I would like to call something like:
>
> fab example:host=host1,colors="red;blue"
>
> ...and have fab run the free and df commands on the remote host
> "host1".  Is there a way to do this?

Is the problem the "running it on host1" (which should work fine) or
the "splitting up 'red;blue' into a list"?

If the latter, right now there's no way to send anything to your
Python function as anything but a string, though I do want to try and
change that sometime. So splitting the string into a list yourself is
the best route right now.

Just noticed that while this has been on my mind, there's no ticket
for it; just made one:

    http://code.fabfile.org/issues/show/69

So, even if I totally misread you, thanks for the nudge on that
subject anyways ;)

Regards,
Jeff