fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Fab now has an IRC channel!

From: James Pearson
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Fab now has an IRC channel!
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 16:13:30 -0800

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 12:04 PM, Jeff Forcier <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all,

Just a note that I've set up shop in #fabric on Freenode
(irc.freenode.net). Can't promise to be there at all hours, or to talk
a lot even when I am "there" (IRC is distracting!) but at least we
have a home in netsplit land now.

If any of the chat-inclined among you want to hang in there and help
field any questions, please do!

Are you interested in having logs that are periodically made available for public search?  That's one of the (many) things I've been planning on implementing, both in my bot and the current iteration of my personal website, but it might move a little farther up the list if it's wanted somewhere else than just where I was otherwise planning on using that.

Of course, getting the source to something like the Django logger[1] would be a much better alternative.

Hmm, looking around a slight bit more brings up irclogger.com, which uses Sinatra[2].  It shows all the join/part spam, but could probably be adjusted fairly easily to make something a bit better on signal-to-noise.

If you're not concerned with officiality, I can easily host one of these, although some repeated poking might be necessary to get it set up in a timely manner. :)

1: http://botland.oebfare.com/logger/django/
2: http://github.com/cschneid/irclogger

--
James Pearson