fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Fab now has an IRC channel!

From: Jorge Vargas
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Fab now has an IRC channel!
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 15:02:54 -0600

Great idea! I'll make myself a regular.

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 10:06 PM, Jeff Forcier <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Are you interested in having logs that are periodically made available for
>> public search? <options>
>
> Yea, that's not a bad idea -- I hadn't really thought about it, but
> they're useful tools and I know there were times back when I was on a
> publicly logged channel (#django) when it was invaluable to refer
> people to certain conversations. (I log everything my client sees, and
> it's in a screen session so it's almost always logged in -- but that's
> not public.)
>
>> If you're not concerned with officiality, I can easily host one of these,
>> although some repeated poking might be necessary to get it set up in a
>> timely manner. :)
>>
>> 1: http://botland.oebfare.com/logger/django/
>> 2: http://github.com/cschneid/irclogger
>
> Thanks for the links and the others mentioned earlier. I'll take a
> poke sometime to see what I like.
>
> I'd probably prefer to host it officially on my server because I'm a
> control freak like that, but given that such things are not exclusive,
> feel free to play around with running a bot for one of them yourself
> in the meantime if you have the time/energy. I can always set up the
> official one later on.
>
> Also feel free to make a Redmine ticket for this if you want :)
> otherwise I will sometime soon.

Regarding the irclogs I find it a bit clumsy to setup one bot per
channel. If you are interested I can get the guy running arkivo to set
up a logger for us. Arkivo is a TurboGears based irc logger that is
already handing several web related projects please see
http://irclog.turbogears.org/ and of course you can just a copy of
that in your server :)