fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] How do I combine "local" with "remote" tasks in fabric 2?

From: Brandon Whaley
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] How do I combine "local" with "remote" tasks in fabric 2?
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2019 11:35:36 -0400

Have you tried instantiating a context with the config from Fabric's
connection?  I haven't mixed invoke tasks and fabric tasks in the same
module before, I'm surprised the same task decorator will work for
both using `inv` on the command line and `fab` as well.  If you have a
task that only does local work inside your fabfile module, I'd
recommend using conn.local instead of making it an invoke task.  If
you have an existing invoke task codebase, I would import that module
from my fabfile module and run tasks with a locally created context,
since you're not calling the task from the invoke cli.

```
tasks.py
====
from invoke.tasks import task