fastcgipp-users

Re: [Fastcgipp-users] Building with mingw

From: Eddie Carle
Subject: Re: [Fastcgipp-users] Building with mingw
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 18:45:37 -0600

On Wed, 2010-11-03 at 13:40 +0100, Tristram Gräbener wrote:
> I'd like to play with fastcgi++ with mingw and I can't find anyone
> having some experience.
>
> When you require a POSIX OS, does it means that mingw is not good
> enough ?
>
> When I tried, I ran against the following problems:
>
> With 1.2 : include/fastcgi++/protocol.hpp:27:20: fatal error:
> endian.h: No such file or directory (and internet seems a bit quite to
> tell me where I could find if)
>
> With 2.0-beta : it finds the thread headers, but not what flags to use
> during the configure stage
> checking for the flags needed to use pthreads...
> checking boost/thread.hpp usability... yes
> checking boost/thread.hpp presence... yes
> checking for boost/thread.hpp... yes
> checking for the Boost thread library... no
> configure: error: Could not find the flags to link with Boost thread
>
> If you just tell me mingw is not supported, I guess I'll just have to
> stop there

Unfortunately I've never even tried getting it working with mingw, but I
have heard rumblings of success with it. Don't bother with the non-2.0
version at all. They aren't really maintained and I bet the 2.0 unstable
is more stable than them.

It looks like the configure script is looking for the compiled boost
threads library to link against, but it isn't installed. Check your
boost installation for the boost threads library. Not just the headers.

Good luck.
--
        Eddie Carle